A thorough update on Equine Dentistry
FULLY BOOKED: Two-day intensive workshop
08/09/2021 - 09/09/2021
We are sorry, but this course is fully booked.
You can still subscribe and your name will be put on the reserve list in case there are cancellations. We will organize this course again before the end of the year and as you are on the reserve list, you will be informed prior to the official announcement.
Broaden your skills and become more confident in all aspects of equine dentistry! This course provides you with tons of useful background information and practical tips & tricks in an informal atmosphere. Suitable for both new graduates as well as more experienced equine veterinary dentists
- This is a course for licensed veterinarians and veterinary students.
- This course is organised under the wings of the Nordic College of Equine Dentistry (NCED). The course will be given by Dr. Torbjörn Lundström (FNCED), DVM Stijn Teysen (FNCED) and DVM Wouter Demey (FNCED) at Veterinary practice Vetrident (Asse, Belgium).
- Max nr. of participants is 10 with a minimum of 6.
- Lectures will be given in English.
- Registration closes 1th of september 2021.
- Course fee: €1295 excl. VAT for 2-day course including all breaks & lunch + dinner at Wednesday evening. Veterinary students or new graduates (2020-2021) get a 10% discount.
Important information related to Covid-19
Due to the current pandemic we have limited the maximum number of participants. We will follow every official guideline by the government.
All participants need to be fully vaccinated or need to present a proof of a negative PCR test of less than 48h.
A full refund will be made if the course has to be cancelled or if the participant is not allowed to travel or to join due to official restriction related to Covid-19.
Payment of the registration fee is only due on September 5th when Covid-19 regulations allow us to organise the course. Please register yourself as soon as possible if you want to attend this course as places are very limited.
Evolution of the horse and the horse’s dentition – applied embryology and anatomy
Oral examination – techniques and equipment
Occlusion and common occlusal patterns in the equine
Oral pathology – Part 1
Bitfitting – What the *bleep* do we know
Interactive case discussions: participants are encouraged to send in cases.
Oral pathology – Part 2 – update on diastemata and periodontitis
Oral pathology – Part 3 – update on apical infections and treatment options
Basic X-Ray-projections and interpretation – How to make a diagnostic set of X-Rays
The power of odontoplasty – how to float horse’s teeth
Discussion, summing-up and end of course
Participants are encouraged to send in relevant questions or documented cases prior to the course (deadline 1th of September).